Wednesday 15 February 2012

Social Media is your eye to the world!


Welcome to The Blog. I am told Social Media is a Stay-At-Home-Mommy’s salvation. Being a SAHM I can’t disagree. Never mind the daily complexities of counting my toddler’s five-a-day, without Twitter, a good blog or Facebook I wouldn’t know a thing about the outside world and wouldn’t be able to hold a conversation with anyone other than my daughter.

Much to The Fiancé’s surprise I heard about the quakes in New Zealand from Facebook and the quakes in Turkey from Twitter. All this before he had even woken up and heard the hourly BBC update. One point to me.

In an attempt to broaden my horizons, I follow a range of news worthy sites on my current Social Network of choice, Twitter. Of course, it is debatable how “news worthy” Celebuzz really is, but that is a matter of personal opinion.

In lieu of being a SAHM and still harping over taking over the world, editing the September issue of Vogue and finally maybe being a little cool, blogging is the latest addition to my expanding “eye on the world”. Of course, I hope to add to that with an (too) honest account of motherhood and the modern woman. Yes I know, in light of our current economic climate and various examples of biblical prophecies coming true throughout the world, this is what everyone really wants to know about…

No comments:

Post a Comment